111 New Bond Street

13 December 2012



I've been very blessed to have been invited to two interviews so far, down in London with some fashion companies. I'm hoping to get my foot in the door in a head office position down in London as jobs in the North are so sparse, I'm having to look far and wide for anything remotely worth fighting for and have so far, found myself in several situations in which the prospective employer's own personal agendas have been insincere. 

On my second trip down to London, I picked up a couple things. One purchase very obviously, was from Victoria's Secret whom welcomed their New Bond Street store as their UK flagship store this year. In November, it was reported that Victoria's Secret was planning to open two new UK stores in 2013, one in Leeds and one in Manchester which I'm beyond excited about. No doubt the Manchester store will be less extravagant than the glass-knobbed drawers, mirrored spiral staircases and black crystal hallways of the London flagship store, but it will still have that certain 'Je Ne Sais Quoi' that Victoria's Secret exudes. I'm a strong believer in wearing good underwear; I think it's important to indulge in well-fitted brassieres and seductively-detailed knickers, regardless of what you throw on on top. Lingerie can do positive things for your confidence and self-esteem, and I believe that the staple under-garment can be an empowering tool. 

I also picked up an embellished sleeveless t-shirt from Camden Market. I fell in love with it as soon as my eyes fell upon it. A lot of the stalls in Camden Market are duplicates, selling wholesale stock from Korea but the stall I purchased this from was quite unique in that although the stall sold printed t-shirts bought in bulk, they would also embellish the odd design to create one-off pieces. The stall only had two embellished t-shirts; one was a black KISS t-shirt which was also beautifully stitched and the other was this white Charlie Chaplin t-shirt. The t-shirt is oversized, sleeveless and made from thick cotton. The design is printed and embellished with sequins and pearls. I've never seen anything quite like it and I've completely fallen in love with it.

I'm very happy with my two purchases and excited at the possibility of moving down to London (although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit terrified). Life has been hectic lately what with Christmas coming up and completing assignments for an on-line course I'm doing. As some may know, I was studying An Introduction to Computer Science at MIT but it turned out to be a lot harder than first anticipated and a lot of established Computer Scientists expressed how naming it 'An Introduction to...' was misleading as those with a background in Computer Science already, had also been finding it tricky. I don't know what  possessed me to think I could complete a course with a prestigious University currently holding the #1 position as the best University in the world. There must have been something in my coffee!

3 comments:

  1. If you move to London come visit me : D I work in Covent Garden :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at Artbox (It's a Japanese/Korean shop that sells cute things).
    Yeh rent in London is expensive. Are you looking quite central? Maybe you should look in zones 3 or 4 as it's cheaper. I live in zone 4 (20 minutes from Charing Cross), I rent a house off my mum so we get a huge discount thankfully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Charlie Chaplin top! I didn't make it to London this winter, as I usually do, but I'm moving to Korea next month, so hopefully I'll find one there!

    ~ Signe
    thedailysavant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes