Muse 'The 2nd Law' Tour in Manchester

3 November 2012



I was lucky enough to see Muse on Thursday for the fourth time, and again - they did not disappoint. I've seen them before in the M.E.N Arena in 2006 and both times, I was lucky enough to be able to stand by the barrier. The tickets were £55 each this year and worth every penny. I would pay that again in a heartbeat. I've never once been disappointed and this was no exception. They've been labelled 'Best Live Band' countless times, and I can totally see why. The atmosphere of it all is beyond captivating and definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The 2nd Law tour kicked off in France, seeing Manchester as their 10th date with Joy Formidable as their support act (of whom I'd have enjoyed if the bassist wasn't so troubled). The thing that really made the gig for me, was when Matt decided to walk down the barrier, I was inches away from the man himself. 


I really admire this band, I've been a fan for a long time and have seen them evolve, develop new sounds and mature as people. Their ability to create such philosophical, political and controversial music is so great, that I can't and have not been able to compare them to any other band. I remember in an interview with Lego, I was asked whom my favourite band was and why. I said that my favourite band was Muse because they don't just make music about love, but about aliens, conspiracy theories, politics, religion...











Muse will never cease to be my favourite band, for as long as I can imagine. Their most recent album The 2nd Law really stood the test of time when it introduced subtle dubstep (one of my least favourite music genres) but of course, they pulled it off effortlessly, especially in Follow Me. For me, the best tracks on the album have to be Follow Me, Big Freeze and Isolated System. The utero-heartbeat that can be heard in the intro of Follow Me is actually of his son's, Bingham's who was born last year and was recorded on his iPhone just days before Kate gave birth. And the song 'Madness' was written by Matt and was inspired by a fight with Kate. 

I'm also happy to be able to cross off 'Go to at least one gig' from my 2012 to-do list. If you've had the opportunity and pleasure of enjoying the musical talents of Muse, live - share your experience below. I'd love to hear your story!

No Comments

Post a Comment

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes