Black Caviar

28 November 2012

I usually try not to do too many fashion related blogger challenges as I worry readers will think they're just "filler" posts but when I was approached by Fashion Vouchers to create a Christmas outfit for under £100, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to inspire people this festive period. £100 is not a lot of money in the fashion world with shoes on the high street being an easy £70. Under £100 outfit posts are a great way to find inspiration and a great way to look after your pennies too.

My retailer of choice was AX Paris who are most commonly seen supplying New Look. I decided to shop directly on their website and with the help of Fashion Vouchers, was able to create a look compiled of five items for just under £70, way below the £100 budget.

My look was inspired by the cover of Vogue's latest 2012 December edition, not the British cover but in fact the Australian cover. The world famous horse, Black Caviar was photographed with Australian model, Julia Nobis standing in an Alexander McQueen gown. I decided to base my look around this cover and one of 2012's biggest trends; caviar. The pieces I've chosen mimic the texture of the delicacy itself; so I chose pieces with rich embellishments and glossy surfaces. The jewellery I chose, mimic the tins the caviar is usually produced in.



Total - £68.38

The prices above were the result of two codes used, the first was WELCOME20 which was supplied by Fashion Vouchers on their handy website and the second was VIP40 which offers a 40% discount on selected items and can be found on the website itself. Not one item remained at full price at the check out. Not only this but the pieces selected are classics that can be worn time and time again.

Check out the Xmas Party Outfit Blogger Challenge held by Fashion Vouchers to be in with a chance of winning £100 to spend and don't forget to browse their site for a bargain beautiful Christmas party outfit or even a New Year's Eve party frock.

No Comments

Post a Comment

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes