Hot and Saucy

27 October 2012



Now if you know me, you know that I love spicy food and keep a constant supply of Nando's Peri Peri sauce in my kitchen. I'm not a connoisseur of food but I do love to eat, so it wont come as a surprise to you that the lovely people of Heinz (of the baked bean fame) sent me over one of their new Hot Sauce's to try out. Needless to say, I have formed a love for this painful yet delicious condiment, much like I have with the medium spice Nando's Peri Peri sauce. Knowing that I have a taste for obscenely spicy foodstuffs, I decided to give their spiciest sauce a try; the Yellow Habanero chilli sauce, which is rated hotter than its Peri Peri chilli friend, of which I can definitely vouch for. Although the bottle states that it is a "fiery & sweet" sauce, I would have to agree that although fiery (and my god is it fiery), I would say that the Nando's Peri Peri sauce is a lot sweeter, I don't know if this is because of the seasoning or whether it's down the to the African Birds Eye chilli itself but it's definitely the sweeter of the two. The Yellow Habanero sauce is great for marinading or as a "fiery dip" as suggested in the enclosed leaflet, but unless you have sensory mis-wiring or are borderline insane like myself, I would consider limiting the "dose" of said sauce per single sitting/meal. Otherwise, you will find yourself regretting falling for such temptation. 

Heinz were kind enough to include a recipe for a stir fry, which although appealing - I will never use because I cook like I've never seen food before. The Yellow Habanero sauce is just one of their three Hot Sauce's, the others being Chipotle & Garlic (a medium, smokey and spiced sauce) and Green Jalapeno (a hot, tangy and sharp sauce). There is unfortunately, no mention of price but after doing some research, it seems they've gained a significant advantage over their Portuguese rivals by offering their 150ml bottle for £1.49 whereas a 125ml bottle of Nando's Peri Peri sauce retails for £1.99.

The issue I find with this product is that the pouring device of the product, unlike a simple open bottle like the Nando's sauces; it simply has a small hole which takes a lot of vigorous and embarrassing shaking in order to get much product out and the cap itself is really difficult to remove (if you so wished to use it like an open bottle).

No Comments

Post a Comment

ABSOLUTE © 2016 | Template by Blogs & Lattes